MEET LENORA BREDER- AUGUST FEATURED MOM




“At the age of 36, Eric (age 25) and I were married on August 29, 1998.  He was 11 years younger.  And yes, I was a cougar before the term “cougar” was popular.  Who knew I’d start a trend,” says Lenora Breder, our Featured Mom for August from Rhode Island.

Not only did Lenora and Eric start a trend, they started something even better--a family! Lenora is pictured on the left with Isabella, age 12 and Gabriel, age 2. 

If you missed her interview last year, here's your opportunity to be encouraged by Lenora's story.  

Tell us about your conception and pregnancy.

Two years after Eric and I were married, we decided to start trying to get pregnant.  Because my cycles (ovulation) were never regular, I just picked a point in the month we started trying.  I http://inseasonmom.org/meet-lenora-breder-august-featured-mom/

8 comments:

  1. Forty-nine! Very, very, inspiring. thanks for sharing Cynthia and thanks to Lenora for sharing her story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to talk to you I am also older and wanting to conceive

      Delete
    2. Robbin, thanks for emailing me. I will contact you so that we can talk. I'm also inviting you to join me on Facebook at
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/InSeason-Mom/127950410596026
      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. Peaches, you're welcome! That's right, forty-nine proves there is hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all Lenora and Family, Congratulations! Best wishes to you.

    Secondly, if you feel that your family is complete, be careful. :) I stopped having a period (maybe at age 50) for a year and then it came back for a couple months... like I was 16 again. Then the period left for a year and a half. I thought surely I was done, but I felt the ovulation happening and sure enough, it was followed by another couple months of a having a very youthful period. My doctor joked that I was getting younger instead of older. But then he said if it left and came back again, he'd have to do and D&C. Thankfully, I'd passed my last little eggs that were hiding out and haven't had a cycle since.

    You probably have more eggs hanging around too, Lenora, especially if you're not menopausal yet. :)

    Yes, Cynthia, there is still hope for women who are nearly 50!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anita, thanks for your comments. I'm glad that you didn't have to have a D&C. And welcome to the group that is getting younger unless of older :) From what I've seen, as long as you're having a period, you can get pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had my little boy at age 42 and was hoping to have another. We were unsuccessful and once I hit 46, we decided to give up. Now I am wondering if I did the right thing. I am still 'only'47!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And what a handsome little boy you have! At 47, there may be another brother or sister for him, ask Lenora, August Featured Mom!!!

    ReplyDelete