Appreciating Seasons

Recently, as a part of their Spring Break, my daughters (ages 7 and 9) and I visited their grandma on the family farm. Poor hubby had to work, but the girls and I had a great time.

The girls’ eyes lit up while digging their little fingers in the rich soil and listening to the instructions of their Uncle on how to plant the potatoes.

I always feel refreshed when I go to the farm, soaking up the sunshine and looking at the beautiful country scenery. It’s interesting that I didn’t appreciate this peaceful scenery growing up, but I learned to appreciate seasons.

Having been raised on a farm, I’ve seen first-hand that when you plant seeds for a crop not all of them will produce at the same time. Each will operate in its own season.

The exact is true with our lives. Each woman operates in her own given season of becoming a mom.

You may have wanted to give birth during your twenties or early thirties but did not. You were forced to learn the gift of waiting. For those of us who believe in Divine intervention, we believe personal, mental or spiritual growth can come out of every circumstance…even in waiting.

If you are pregnant or hoping to become pregnant and are afraid of becoming a mom later in life, I have great news for you. This is your season not to be known as a mid-life mom or an advanced age first time mom but to be known as an InSeason Mom.
How are you coming with the assignment in the March 24th blog? Forgotten already? You know my suggestion (assignment) for every negative message that you read, hear or see on getting pregnant after 35 or 40 that you spend as much time reading, hearing or seeing a positive message on getting pregnant after 35 or 40. Okay, keep up the positive thoughts.

If you have school-aged children, here’s an Upcoming National Telephone Workshop on Child Food Allergies, you may want to attend:
http://foodallergies101.eventbrite.com/

7 comments:

  1. Your posts are inspirational. I have recommended this blog to some couple of friends because you are a living witness of what they are presently facing. I'm under 40 but I love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nekky, your comment means so much to me because my goal is to encourage and inspire. If you have some friends who think their "season" to get married has passed them by, please encourage them to visit my other blog:
    www.marryingover40.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful positive message!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Veronica, Thanks for stopping by. I'm on my way to visit your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article. Moms of ALL ages should feel proud. Older moms are often more emotionally stable, know who they really are, and are in a better financial position. Patience, that rare commodity, is also more likely to be yours.

    I am following too.

    Margot’s Magic Carpet
    Kids Books With a WOW Factor!
    http://perfectmagiccarpet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Margot for your comment and for following. My daughters and I just visited your site and we will be back! Your book "Ruthie and the Hippo's Fat Behind" sounds funny!

    ReplyDelete