First Time Moms Over 35 and 40-Welcome

I am excited that you are reading my first blog for first-time moms over 35 and 40. I am publisher and founder of InSeason Mom.org I gave birth to my first child- a healthy baby girl- at age 42 and a second healthy girl born at age 44.

I've found that most women over 35 are fearful of having a baby because they view the common misconceptions as truth. My goal is to ease their fear by exposing myths with facts. I want the first time older mom to have support as she works with her physician to ensure the best health care possible.

You may be pregnant or hoping to become pregnant in the future. Everything you’re read or heard about being an older mom is racing through your mind.

Most women over 35 are flooded with negative information about giving birth from well-meaning relatives and friends to the nosy co-workers in the office.

I firmly believe that there is a season for everything in life---reaping, sowing, sorrow and joy. Some folks would have you believe that if your season for getting married, choosing a second career or having children is not the same as theirs something is wrong with you. Don’t accept that for a minute because you are just fine.

Having been raised on a farm, I’ve seen first-hand that when you plant seeds for a crop not all of them will produce at the same time. Each will operate in its own season.

The exact is true with our lives. Each woman operates in her own given season of becoming a mom.

You may have wanted to give birth during your twenties or early thirties but did not. You were forced to learn the gift of waiting. For those of us who believe in Divine intervention, we believe personal, mental or spiritual growth can come out of every circumstance…even in waiting.

If you are pregnant or hoping to become pregnant and are afraid of becoming a mom later in life, I have great news for you. This is your season not to be known as a mid-life mom or an advanced age first time mom but to be known as an InSeason Mom. Feel free to read informative articles I have written by visiting http://www.inseasonmom.org/

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. I feel exactly that way. This is our time. Life didn't lead me to becoming a mum earlier. It wasn't a choice, it was design. Knowing that, I feel confident about the upcoming months that we will conceive!

    ReplyDelete